Friday, February 26, 2010

Day Care Director

So, sometimes it's very stressfull running a Day Care Center. Okay most of the time. Now, every day is worthwhile, because the children need us and I love each and every one of them. Even the ones who make me angry and drive me nuts! Anyway, there are some days though, that i love running a Day Care Center because the children can turn a day that is absolutely crappy, busy and just awful into hillarious in an instant. I had two of those times this week and just had to share them. I LOVE MY KIDS!

First, on Wednesday i was called down to deal with a problem situation. The week was dragging, I was busy and now i had a child to deal with. I 'dealt' with him in my own firm, unflinching way and was ready to leave. As i went to go, one of the other children in that group, (these are my oldest kids 10-12) said her mom saw me working out recently and how i was really looking good. some of the other girls chimmed in that i was looking good and working hard. We started talking about working out, they asked what i do, blah, blah, blah. Suddenly, one of the girls has a revelation. Wait for it... this is the good part... she says, Miss April if you keep working out and looking good, you can wear a bikini for Summer Camp. OMG! I laughed out loud and had to catch my breath. I tried to explain that this would never happen but, they were adamant. i could wear a bikini. Then, the staff member that was with the group chimes in, yeah April you could. I told her that would be a terrible thing to do in front of the children (How Obscene) and that it would never happen, but it really made me feel good taht my kids think i'm doing that well and that there is some possiblity that i could ever look good enough to wear a bikini. Still chuckle today just thinking about it.

The second instance, happened today. After a 2 hour delay with the older children and a late start for preschool things were going along, but were crazy because i needed to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. With only about 20 minutes left at the end of Preschool we sat at the Circle and sang some songs. As we were singing one of our favorites i had an idea. The song has you move a "spider" to different parts of your body. I thought, how about we do body parts that rhyme. So, we did toes then nose; lips then hips; then i was out of rhymes. So, as i was singing the last part of hips it hit me, ear and .... So, i tried it. (I have to admit this is not my style as i usually don't do things that could be percieved as even remotely inapproriate but, it seemed funny.) So we had the spider on our ear and then on our rear. The kids started laughing. They laughed so hard! And all the while they have thier little butts stuck up in the air with thier 'spiders' on them. I started laughing, they laughed harder. We all were losing it! Finally we finished the verse and had to stop for a moment and take deep breathes to calm ourselves down. It was so funny. I don't know if this reads funny at all but, seriously it was freakin' hillarious! I felt so much better and the rest of the day was just fine!

Okay, that's it. Just had to share those stories and try to give others a little bit of the joy that my delightfuly children occassionally give me.

Have a great weekend Everyone!

1 comment:

Wrestling Kitties said...

those kids are really sweet, love kids! So are you getting that bikini ready?!?! and the spider on the rear, HAHA! Hilarious! you crack me up