Friday, August 29, 2008

Totally freaky

So, I live somewhat close to West Virginia and I don't have cable. Thus, the news stations that i have all come out of Huntington, WV and Charleston. Right now on the news i am watching late breaking news about an explosion at a chemical plant. They have advised people living in the immediate area to a Shelter in Place. That evidently means that you are supposed stay in your home, turn off the ac, try to seal up your doors and windows, and potentially cover your mouth and nose with a damp rag. The way it sounds this type of thing happens (not often) but occassionaly in the area so the residents are used to it. I would be totally freaking out!

Anyhow, sorry i havn't blogged much this week. Work has gotten crazy. not that it usually isn't but, i have worked at least 11 hours each day this week and have just finished a 13.5 hour day. I am so glad to be taking the day off tomorow but i guess its not taking a day off when you've already worked 48 hours. (My head preschool teacher, whom i love, turned in her notice on Monday and we start preschool next week. So, i've had some adjusting to do. We also started regular school this week so we've been trying to get the kids and parents with the before and after school used to a new routine. Always fun.)

Tomorow i am leaving to go on a long weekend trip. I am meeting my family and we are going to be spending the weekend in cabins at a lake in north east ohio, near pensylvania. It should be a lot of fun and i can't wait to get there. I need to get up and pack and leave by 9 am, but it will be worth the lack of sleep. (I just got home from work and errands about an hour ago and have been trying to settle down so i can get to bed. I have to have time to decompress before I sleep.) I will try to write more next week. I hope everyone has a great Labor Day Weekend. Please be safe, be happy and have fun!

1 comment:

Wrestling Kitties said...

That is weird!! Did everything turn out ok?

Did you have a nice weekend at the cabins with your family?