Monday, August 11, 2008

Hello

Hey everyone. I've decided to try out this thing. I don't have any clue what i'm going to write about, but i'll just write.

Okay, so I just finished reading a great book. "Dragonspell" by Donita K. Paul. It was really good. It's a christian fication fantasy book. I have found that i really like dragon books. Odd. I read Eragon and Eldest this summer as well and when i saw a christian dragon book, i had to try it! there are several other books in the series and i'm trying to contain myself to not just run out and buy the others. I have about 7 books laying around the house waiting for me to read. All of them by authors that i really like. So, i will try to remain calm and not just go an buy the others. Maybe i'll make it to the weekend. LOL

I have also been reading this other great series. I have read 7 books so far in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. This is an amazing series! It is such a funny, sarcastic, quirky series. It is part fantasy, part comedy, part crazy. I love it. Death is a main character in the book and he is so much fun. I guess that sounds morbid, but its so true.

I'm also working on several sewing projects right now. I am working on bookbags for my niece and nephew. My neice's is partially done, but i don't know if it like it. It is not that great, but its okay. My nephew's bag is partially done and i'm hoping that it will come out better. Maybe i'll redo my niece's now that i have figured out the kinks. Anyway, i'm making the bags because they are both starting preschool this fall. They are growing up so quickly and i can't wait to see them wearing thier bags, they will look so cute!

I am also working on a purse for my mom, a purse for myself (hopefully reversable), and i want to start a tote for myselft. I may make the tote for myself with the same pattern i have made to make my niece and nephew's and then we can all have a new bookbag.

I am so excited that summer camp is almost over. The weeks have gone by very fast and i'm so glad that it's almost done. It is a lot of work running a day camp and i will be glad to be back to preschool, before/after school, and regular programs.

Okay, that is all i will write for now. I don't know who all will read this, but if you haven't heard from me in a while. I'm sorry. I have really been terrible about keeping in touch and i need to do better. I will be trying to call, email, write, ect. to many people in the near future (Jenn, Lanetta, Tasha, Katie, and so many more)

3 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

YAY!!!!!! Welcome my friend! I love blogging and I am pumped to read what you are up to!

I am glad to hear I am on your list to get in touch with. I figured that your summer camp stuff was keeping you busy ;)

I want to see pictures
of your completed projects! You are SO crafty, I bet they look fantastic! I want to see them.

miss you and you can count on me reading your blog, almost obsessively as I get easily bored sitting in front of my computer all day and all I do is read blogs ;) hehe

Sad Panda said...

You have a blog now! That's so fantastic!

I too am a fan of Terry Pratchett. I loved his collaboration with Neil Gaiman on the novel "Good Omens." Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the bookbags you are making-what a great idea! I'm almost done with Eldest; of course I had to take a break for a day to read Breaking Dawn-the final book in the twilight series but I'm back to eldest :) I look forward to reading more :)

Angela