Saturday, April 17, 2010

First Bike/Walk Day

Am very excited. today i got my bike out of the garage and had a lovely ride. Well, not too lovely. It was a bit tougher than i had thought it would be. I got my bike out this morning, aired up the tires at the BP station down the road, put the bike carrier on the car and loaded up the bike. After eating a quick lunch and packing my fanny pack (yes i carried a fanny pack, sorry if anyone is embarassed by this), i headed to town. I parked at the rec center and embarked on a bike ride. I haven't ridden in several months, so this was a big deal. I may have been a bit overzealous but, i managed to ride 8 miles. I had to stop and rest once but, i made it. I don't think this would have been quite so hard if the wind was not so strong and it wasn't so stinking cold. What is up with this weather?

Anyway, i finished my bike ride, loaded the bike back on the car; then set out on a walk. I then walked 6 miles. I am very proud of myself. not only did i get a great bike ride in, i also managed to still walk and got a ton of exercise today. I am very close to hitting the 100 pounds lost mark and hope to reach it this week. I will probably try for another bike/walk tomorrow. Will probably do the same amounts but am planning on trying a different section of the trail. Hopefully it goes as well as my trips did today, maybe it'll be a little warmer!

No comments: