Thursday, April 15, 2010

8 Miles, yeah!

Since i got off work early yesterday, i decided to try to walk 8 miles. It was great! I started at the Community Center and walked over to West State Street Park. I walked on sections of the trail that i haven't had a chance to walk on yet. This section is all along the river and runs by White's Mill which is a lovely spot to see. It was nice, but I haven't found a section of the trail that i enjoyed as much as my walk Saturday.

The entire walk took about 2.5 hours, but i wasn't really pushing myself. I wanted to make sure i survived this first attempt at such a long trek! Am thinking i will do another 8 mile on Saturday or Sunday, depending on how i'm feeling. (I had to stop taking my allergy medicine today in order to prep for my apt. with the Allergist on Tuesday. Have had a slight increase in symptoms today, but am a bit nervous things will get worse, but maybe not. who knows.) Anyway, I'm hopefull that i will feel okay this weekend because i'm hoping to try a whole new section of the trail near Nelsonville. This section goes through Wayne National Forest. It should be lovely. I also really need to get my bike out of the garage and check it out, air up the tires and get it ship shape ready to go. I also need to get the bike rack on the car so that i can start riding on the trail and around the lovely village of Albany as well.

Today i walked 6 miles. not bad, pushed myself a little but not overly hard. I think i have lost a couple pounds in the past week, so this new exercise regime mustnot be too bad. And i love the sun and fresh air. I really need to keep at it and keep increasing though, as my 1 year anniversary for working out is just under a month away and i am determined to be at 100 lbs. lost by the time it comes. May 11th is my date and i'm really hopeful. Not that this is all i need/want to lose, i will still have an additional 35 pounds to go (at least) after that. Hopefully i will be able to get to my goal weight by my 30th birthday in August. I'm crossing my fingers.

Well, nothing exciting today. hopefully i haven't bored anyone too much with my driveling.

No comments: